Sometimes carriers use a third party vendor to perform audits on their behalf. This is a perfectly normal practice in the insurance industry, but it’s better safe than sorry—if you have any doubts about the legitimacy of a third party vendor claiming to work with your carrier, get in touch with us (AP Intego) directly to verify.
Articles in this section
- Do I pay my audit balance to AP Intego, or my insurance carrier?
- What does it mean if my audit is "estimated"?
- What is a workers’ comp audit, and why do I have one?
- How do workers’ comp audits work?
- My policy is on Pay As You Go, so why do I have an audit?
- What if I don’t agree with the results of my audit?
- What happens if I do not respond to an audit?
- Why am I receiving audit questions from a third party?
- Why did I receive an audit questionnaire from the carrier?