Each state has rules regarding the exclusion or inclusion of sole proprietors, partners, corporate officers and members of an LLC. If you are included, you are subject to a minimum and maximum amount of payroll applied to your assigned class code. Conversely, if the wage of the included officer reaches the maximum wage, no further premium is paid. The AP Intego billing system will automatically add wage to included officers that draw no wage to ensure they attain the minimum and will cease calculation of premium when their wage exceeds the state maximum.
Articles in this section
- How do I file a claim?
- I'm switching to AP Intego. How do I cancel my current policy?
- Can AP Intego provide quotes for other business insurance products?
- What is a minimum premium?
- I am told I operate my business in a monopolistic state; what does that mean?
- Can AP Intego provide quotes for other types of insurance than Workers' Comp?
- As an officer of my business, I pay the minimum policy. Why is that?
- What are the billing options for Workers' Compensation policies?
- What is an expense constant on a Workers' Compensation policy?
- How much will a Workers' Compensation policy cost?