States regulate the amount a carrier can charge for the administrative cost of a policy. This charge is called an Expense Constant. It is generally the only flat dollar amount charged on the policy. It ranges from $100 - $350 per policy based on the state. Since it is a flat dollar charge, we are unable to include it in your composite rate. Depending on your insurance carrier, we will either charge the Expense Constant at the beginning of the policy period in full, or break it into installments based on your payroll frequency.
Articles in this section
- How do I file a claim?
- I'm switching to AP Intego. How do I cancel my current policy?
- Can AP Intego provide quotes for other business insurance products?
- What is a minimum premium?
- I am told I operate my business in a monopolistic state; what does that mean?
- Can AP Intego provide quotes for other types of insurance than Workers' Comp?
- As an officer of my business, I pay the minimum policy. Why is that?
- What are the billing options for Workers' Compensation policies?
- What is an expense constant on a Workers' Compensation policy?
- How much will a Workers' Compensation policy cost?